Whatsapp API is significantly different from Whatsapp Business App in many aspects. The major difference lies within the businesses they cater to, the features they provide, the device dependencies, and the number of users. Simply comparing the API with the App will help you analyse which one is best suited for your business.
Whatsapp API: Unlike the App, Whatsapp API provides you with better bandwidth to scale a large customer base. The API routes and escalates conversations to humans or bots by setting up a large volume of automated responses, allowing immediate responses to frequent customer queries. Some significant benefits of using the Whatsapp API are provided below:
- Removes Device Dependency: With the usage of Whatsapp API, you eliminate the concept of device dependency as you can enable a central chat dashboard.
- Integration of marketing lead generation channels: It can be integrated with different lead generation channels such as Facebook, Social Ad campaigns, on-site chat widgets, etc.
- Verified Business account: Whatsapp verifies the authenticity of a brand or a product by providing it with a green badge in order to make it more reliable for its customers.
- Automation: The chatbot can easily automate FAQs and common queries, which minimizes the response time.
- KPI and analytics: Whatsapp API provides the feature of KPI or key performance indicator which is responsible for collecting the lead data and presenting it in the most readable format. KPI tracking serves as the benchmark of advancement.
Whatsapp Business App: Whatsapp Business App is a good option when it comes to small businesses. Its primary focus is to provide you with a personalised but generic way to interact with your customers. Some significant features of the WhatsApp Business app are:
- Always available in hand: People majorly browse everything on their mobile, so the app will provide more opportunities to reach prospects.
- Improves reach: Today, almost everyone is using WhatsApp to connect with each other and share multiple things. So basically it maximizes your reachability to a wider group of people.
- Provides a personal touch: For a small business that does not cater to a bulk audience will be able to build a one-on-one relationship with its customers.
- More trustworthy and reliable: When a customer interacts with a verified business account, it offers a level of assurance and trust.
So in a nutshell, WhatsApp API helps you reach a wider range of prospects through a verified account whereas, WhatsApp Business App is more like a regular business account to connect with existing customers.