“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson
We at ExtraaEdge have been in the last week speaking to more than 100+ admission teams on what challenges they are facing & what can we do as the leading “Admissions & Marketing Automation CRM” technology provider to ease the pain. Here are our key takeaways :
The New Admissions Behavioural Model
So basically there are 3 waves at play when it comes to Admissions during the times of COVID 19 :
- SEARCH FROM HOME : Students & Parents are looking for courses from home. Lets call it Search for Home
- INSIDE SALES TEAMS : Admissions teams have moved to a pure Inside Sales model.
- DELAYED ADMISSION CYCLE : The Admissions Cycle will get delayed as all board exams, entrances, UG/PG timelines both for exams & results will get pushed.
SEARCHES FROM HOME : The new prospect behaviour
- More Google & Organic searches
- Website & Landing Page traffic goes up
- Students will be looking for multiple & online course options
- Delivery of Online courses combined with a new online payment behaviour will emerge
- Short term courses will be popular offering certifications
- Prospects & Parents will directly call or engage with a conversational bot to get information & enroll
ADMISSION TEAMS FROM HOME : The new inside sales admission model
- Phone calls & Telephony driven by smartphone technology stack will be super critical
- Drip Marketing will become the norm to outreach via email & SMS
- Powerful CRMs will become the backbone of admissions
- Every institute will need to have a WhatsApp strategy
- The spent on Adwords, FB ads will increase as a function of increased social time utilisation
- Payment gateway, mobile friendly website, online application form along with payment gateways are new mandates.
- Conversational Platforms will be the new way to interact with the new prospects
DELAYED ADMISSION CYCLE : Entrance, Boards & UG/PG gets pushed
The marketing & outreach teams will get more time & bandwidth to engage with their prospects. An unique opportunity to strengthen their online brand & sensitise the 21st century learners
You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.
Abhishek Ballabh, Co-founder, ExtraaEdge Technology Solutions – a software technology firm that helps educational institutes to increase, manage & predict admissions. He has worked with MindTickle Inc and HSBC GLT in different avatars as a data architect, full-stack programmer, quant & product manager in the past. He’s also a SLP Fellow. He is innately curious by nature, voracious reader, avid trekker & a work-in-progress blogger. Passionate, Empathetic, Ambitious & Driven are the words that describe him the best.